Mridula Recipe – Stir-fried cabbage with mustard and cumin
- 1 tbsp coconut, rapeseed or plain olive oil
- ½ tsp black mustard seeds
- ½ tsp cumin seeds
- 1-2 fresh red chilli, cut into julienne strips
- 1 small green cabbage, finely shredded
- ½ tsp salt or to taste
- 2 tbsps unsweetened, desiccated coconut
This dish is cooked with just three spices with an amazingly delicious taste. The cabbage retains all the nutrients because of the quick cooking method. An ideal side dish for a spicy meal.
Heat the oil over a medium heat until. When hot but not smoking add the mustard seeds, followed by the cumin and chilli.
Add the cabbage and salt, stir-fry for 3-4 minutes.
Add the coconut, stir-fry for 1 minute, remove from the heat and serve.