- 2 tbsp light olive or sunflower oil
- 450g boned chicken thigh meat, cut into bite sized pieces
- 90ml dry white wine
- 1 large onion, finely sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed to a pulp
- 2 teaspoons root ginger, grated
- 1/2 – 1 teaspoon chilli powder
- 1 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- 1 tsp tomato ketchup
- 2 tbsps light soy sauce
- 1 small red pepper, sliced
- 2 tsps toasted sesame oil
This recipe is truly fast and fabulous. Boneless chicken works better for fast cooking. You can use breast or thigh meat, but I prefer thigh meat as it is more succulent and stays moist after cooking. Use salt if you want to, but remember lght soy sauce is quite salty.
Heat the oil in a wok over a medium-high heat. When almost smoking, add the chicken and stir-fry for 2 minutes.
Add the wine and increase the heat to high. Cook until the wine evaporates.
Add all the remaining ingredients except red pepper and sesame oil. Increase the heat to high and sir-fry for 3-4 minutes.
Add the red pepper and sesame oil. Stir-fry for 2 minutes, remove from the heat and serve with plain boiled rice.