Exotic Fruit Salad with Cointreau Cream
- 1kg mixed fruit of your choice
- The seeds of 1 pomegranate
- 300ml/½ pint double cream
- 2 tablespoons icing sugar, sieved
- 2 tablespoons Cointreau (optiona)
- The finely grated zest of 1 orange
This fruit salad is served with whipped double cream, but it is also good with Greek yogurt or crème fraiche. Choose a colourful combination of fruit and you can give it an exotic touch by using ripe papaya, lychees, pineapple, pomegranate etc.
Wash and dry the fruits with a clean tea towel. Mix half the pomegranate seeds with the fruits and reserve the remaining.
Mix the cream and icing sugar together and whisk until soft peaks form.
Add the Cointreau (if using) and orange zest and mix well.
Arrange the fruits and the cream in alternate layers in individual glass serving dishes or stemmed glasses finishing with a layer of cream.
Serve garnished with the reserved pomegranate seeds.