Cabbage Stir-fried with Mustard and Cumin
- 1 tablespoon rapeseed or plain olive oil
- ½ teaspoon black mustard seeds
- ½ teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1-2 fresh red chilli, cut into julienne strips
- 1 small green cabbage, finely shredded
- ½ teaspoon salt or to taste
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened, desiccated coconut
This dish is cooked with just three spices with an amazingly delicious taste. The cabbage retains all the nutrients because of the quick cooing method.
Heat the oil to smoking point and add the mustard seeds, followed by the cumin and chilli.
Add the cabbage and salt, stir-fry for 3-4 minutes.
Add the coconut, stir-fry for 1 minute, remove from the heat and serve.